April 16, 2015

My Art Process

Hi Everyone,

 I'd just like to share a little bit about my art process.

I received some vellum from a very generous friend who no longer needed it sometime last year. (Vellum is a type of transparent paper).  I've been using it to clean up my pencil lines, much like you would on a light table. As pencil can smudge quite easily on it, it can be tedious if you're not careful. Sometimes it can take up to three tries for me to make it right. I sketch out my original design on 11X17 comic paper. Then take some vellum, cut it to size, and do some clean up art on top of that. THEN I take that vellum that I drew on with pencil, and then ink on top of another piece. I still would like to get a light table eventually! *phew*

I'll be bringing some of the original pictures in my portfolio to my booth B4 3601, on the Upper Floor of the big floor building. If you have the time, come check 'er out to see my process!

Hope to see you there!

Kelly W.



No comments:

Post a Comment