March 14, 2015

ICO Fan Art





Whelp, here it guys, I am finished.

 I managed to finish this one even though I have a bad cold. Soooo, rather than sit on the couch all day, I have been working on this! I love it.  For this one, I practiced a bit making lightning, I think it turned out pretty good. I bet in the dead of night, I will wake up with a start and think that I missed something and need to start working on it again. No, probably not. :P

Anywho, Ico. It is my most favourite game around. It has such depth to it and the ICO world is so unlike any other games out there. I have seen a lot of apps and games try to mimic it, but nothing will be able to compare, other than Shadow of the Coloussus of course! AND if they ever finish The Last Guardian *tear*. I still have hope.

This game still looks fantastic seeing as it came out in 2001! (or 2002?)

In my picture I tried to replicate the feel of the game with colour. ICO has a very soft, and airy feel about it, almost dreamlike. I coloured Yorda with warm tones. It may not seem so in the game, but she has more of a brownish hue to her look rather than straight black as shown in her dress and overall shadows, so I coloured her in warmer tones. I also wanted her to stand out more than the Queen as Yorda is my main focus. I coloured The Queen as well as the Shadowmen in mainly blue tones.

If you would like to see what this game is all about, check out these links:


Don't Click this link if you don't want spoilers! This link as all the cut scenes from the game :ICO - All Cut scenes - YouTube

If you don't want spoilers, click here! :ICO Official Video Game Trailer - YouTube








No comments:

Post a Comment